The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up.
The Sunday Salon (hosted by ReaderBuzz) is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there.
What I Did:
This week was my staycation week - I was on PTO from work with no major plans and it was very nice to just exist for a week. Most of the week, I just stayed home, reading and cleaning. Tuesday, I went to a local event where author Ariel Lawhon was speaking and signing books. Thursday, I went to dinner and a movie - Resident Evil (4 Stars) with a couple friends. Saturday, I took a 2 hour road trip to spend the day with a couple friends that I haven't seen much this year.
What I Read:
I finished 4 full books during my week off. Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree (4 Stars), Into the Blue by Emma Brodie (4 Stars), If Not You by Ellen O'Clover (4 Stars) and The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (3.5 Stars).
From The Library:
- Romance Revival by Christina Lauren
- In The Weeds by BK Borison
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- With A Vengeance by Riley Sager
- Puck & Prejudice by Lia Riley
Reading Goals/Challenges Update:
Last week on the blog:
- Review: Smitten by the Alien Saloon Owner by Ursa Dax
- Recs by the Alphabet: L
- WWW Wednesday
- Down The TBR Hole
- First Line Friday / Friday 56: The Romance Revival by Christina Lauren
- Coastal Magic Featured Author: Nancy Naigle Q & A
- Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR
- Review: Happy Place by Emily Henry
- Down The TBR Hole
I'm glad you enjoyed your time off!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a great time during your time off work. Sometimes it's wonderful to make few plans and enjoy what ever pops up.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect Staycation week! I hope re-entry isn't too difficult for you.
ReplyDeleteI've listened to the book that's a prequel to Legends and Lattes, but haven't gotten back to the series since then. Glad you enjoyed your week off! Hope going back isn't too painful ;)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week off! I loved Legends & Lattes. Hope you do okay with getting back to work!
ReplyDeleteI'm a real fan of staycations - if properly planned, they can be delightfully relaxing and full of fun events. It sounds as if you planned yours properly:)). I loved Legends & Lattes, too. Have a lovely week, even if the holiday is over.
ReplyDeleteLovely reading for a staycation
ReplyDeleteSometimes a staycation is the most restful! I’m glad you had a good time.
ReplyDelete