Keep Reading

Review: Smitten by the Alien Saloon Owner by Ursa Dax

 Smitten by the Alien Saloon Owner by Ursa Dax | 3.75 Stars
Cowboy Colony Mail-Order Brides #7

I keep thinking I am going to get sick of this series, but it just doesn't happen. Smitten by the Alien Saloon Owner follows Shiloh who suffers from chronic migraines as she loses her factory job and finds herself unsure of how to move forward with her life. As she clears out her work locker, she overhears two co-workers talking about a calendar from our cowboy penal colony. As she is unemployed and doesn't have the funds to continue living on her planet, she decides to apply for the bride program. She's not looking for love but instead a place to just exist peacefully and paint. Once on the cowboy colony, Shiloh is introduced to Rivven, a sweet saloon owner who instantly begins to treat her well. This was such a sweet romance. Shiloh is the first of the program's brides that gets to select which of the men she marries and being the first alien that she meets, Rivven is determined to show her that he is a good choice. I loved Rivven, he was very endearing. I loved his backstory and how he has been doing his best since losing a hand in an accident. I loved that they were able to create the saloon for him so he would still have something to do on the penal colony. I enjoyed the way the book touched on Rivven having PTSD from his accident and I liked how him and Shiloh were able to help each other heal. 


Check out my reviews for the series here: Book 1 | Book 2 | Book 3 | Book 4 | Book 5 | Book 6

Synopsis:
 Capitalism and chronic illness are not a good mix. When my debilitating migraines get me fired from my factory job, I’m desperate. For a change. A chance. The space to think, rest, and paint like I’ve always wanted. I’ve never managed to make money from my art or secure a patron. So this new mail-order bride program on Zabria Prinar One now feels like the best (and only) way to escape my imploding life.

I sign up as a participant even though marriage is the last thing on my mind.

But then I meet Rivven, the quiet, lonely alien saloon owner who takes care of me when yet another migraine strikes. He’s sweet, strong, and generous beyond belief – offering me his bed to sleep in and his best bucket to barf in.

There are other men, too. Xennet and Dorn. Record snowfall has delayed their arrival at the saloon, but they should be here within a week.

In just a few days, I’ll have to choose which alien cowboy I’m going to spend the rest of my life with. I need to give each of them a fair chance.

Even though I think I might already be smitten by one…

Comments

Form for the Contact Page