Keep Reading

Featured Author Spotlight: Nancy Naigle Q & A

 

Coastal Magic Convention is a beachside reader weekend in Daytona Beach, Florida each February. The 15th annual weekend is February 25-28 2027, celebrating the magic of stories & storytellers. Each year’s goal is to bring authors and readers together for a memorable weekend with old friends (and new!) and to build TBR piles! 

Today I have a Q & A with Nancy Naigle! 

Thanks for having me! I’m Nancy Naigle, a USA TODAY and ECPA bestselling author who loves writing small-town stories filled with heart, hope, and the kind of community we all long for. My books are about everyday people finding their way through life’s twists, leaning on faith, friendship, and second chances when they need it most. Before I became a full-time writer, I spent twenty years in the financial industry, eventually serving as a Senior Vice President at Bank of America. I also launched my first romance series while juggling life on a seventy-six-acre goat farm, which taught me a whole lot about hard work, humor, and grace under pressure. Today, I’m happily retired from corporate life and devoted to storytelling. I live in the small town of Franklin, Virginia, where front porches still matter and neighbors look out for one another. When I’m not writing, I’m usually antiquing, enjoying a spa day with friends, or dreaming up the next story that will make you smile, maybe tear up a little, and feel less alone. One of my greatest joys has been seeing my stories reach beyond the page. The Shell Collector became a Fox Original Movie, and several of my novels have been adapted into beloved Hallmark films. No matter the format, my goal remains the same, to offer stories that feel like a deep breath and a gentle reminder that hope is always closer than we think.

How long have you been writing?

I was always a voracious reader, but it never occurred to me to write a book until I was going througha really tough time and reading non-stop to try to cope with the situation. I woke up one morning feeling so thankful for those books. I truly don’t know what I’d have done without them to give me that break I so desperately needed. It was that day that I thought, “Wow, if I could write one book, to help one other busy, stressed-out woman, that would really be a gift.” I started drafting my first book that day. I was 40 when that happened. My first book was published in 2011. I took an early retirement to write full time in 2014. I’ve never looked back.

Can you describe your writing space?

When I first started writing I had a desk in my home office that was doing double duty with my corporate job. But now I write in an oversized recliner. Soft bomber-jacket leather, metal nail heads and arms at just the right height to balance my laptop on them and type. It’s where I write unless I’m on the road. When traveling I usually end up sitting on the bed with my legs crossed, pillows stacked up in front of me to get the laptop to the right height…then it’s back to work.

Do you read much and if so, who are your favorite authors?

I still love to read, but I have to share what used to be reading time with writing these days, so I love it when I’m between deadlines and can binge read a while. These days, I read mostly friends and new authors my publisher has asked me to blurb. My favorite authors are Denise Hunter, Rachel Hauck, Nicholas Sparks, Mary Alice Monroe.

What can you tell us about your upcoming release?

Right now, my next traditional release will be in Oct 2027. Yes, No, or Mistletoe. I believe this might be my best Christmas book yet and can’t wait for y’all to read it. I’ll be looking for a few more ARC readers, so stay tuned in my newsletter for those invites to the lottery to get picked for that. That’s a long way off, so I’m actively working on a couple of ideas right now to release at the end of this year and spring 2026…so stay tuned!

How much research have you had to do for your book(s)?

It all depends on the book, but right now I’m doing a lot of research on the Chicamacomico Life Saving Station in North Carolina as part of a new story. It’s been so fascinating. Imagine the lengths folks back in the 1870s had to go to with little infrastructure. How they manned their boats and rescued sailors from a ship that had been torpedoed, or in trouble during a hurricane. It’s really quite remarkable, the bravery of these men.

What are you most excited about for Coastal Magic 2026?

Last year was my first time in a very long time, and so many new and wonderful things are going on with Coastal Magic. I’m so excited to return, knowing a little more, and feeling a little less like the new girl in school. This year instead of observing I can enjoy interacting with all the folks I met last year and make new friends as we participate in all the fun events. I’m particularly excited about those late-night s’mores again! That there was a rocket launch last year made that a super memorable evening.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

My website www.nancynaigle.com is the best place to start, and don’t forget to click the FOR READERS tab, because that’s where all the little extras are. Recipes, games, sneak peeks. I have a newsletter, and try to make sure my newsletter subscribers get all the information first. I’m also on all the social media platforms, but those algorithms are hateful little monsters, not always pushing things out to the friends we’ve made. So if you don’t hear from me in a while…come to the website.

Information about #CMCon27, including this year’s list of Featured Authors and how to register to attend is on the website, http://CoastalMagicConvention.com.

You can also get involved and have some bookish fun between now and February by joining the Facebook Authors & Attendees group: http://Facebook.com/groups/CMConAuthorsandAttendees and Reading Challenge group: http://Facebook.com/groups/CMConReadingChallenge.

Comments

Form for the Contact Page