Keep Reading

Sunday #54


The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up.

The Sunday Salon (hosted by ReaderBuzz) is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 

What I Did:

Tuesday, my blog got taken down for apparently violating a guideline, I immediately submitted an appeal and it got put back up on Wednesday but it was not a fun day at all. I have been stupid and not backed up any of my posts anywhere, so I was facing losing 400+ posts. Now that the blog is back up, I need to figure out a good way to back my posts up. The whole thing kind of makes me wanna switch from blogger to wordpress. Thursday, I took my weekly trip to the library and then got some grocery shopping done. Friday, I had drinks with friends after work. Saturday and Sunday were quiet days at home with some cleaning and reading done. 

What I Read:

I finished Smitten by the Alien Saloon Owner by Ursa Dax (3.75 Stars), The Orc's Fated Maiden by Veronika Kane (3 Stars), High Achiever by Grae Bryan (3 Stars), Summer Catch by Beth Bolden (3 Stars). I worked on Oh No! There's an Incubus in My Hot Spring by Ember Holt, Dead First by Johnny Compton and All The Queen's Curses by Alyssa Hollingsworth. 

What I Checked Out From The Library:

  • Romance Revival by Christina Lauren
  • Extracurricular by Rachel Lynn Solomon
Books Added To My Collection: 

  • The Poison Daughter by Sheila Masterson

Reading Goals/Challenges Update:

Reading Goal: 119 /185
Pages Goal: 33,312 / 50,000
Alphabet Challenge
Monster Bingo: 
Romance Reading Bingo

Last week on the blog:

  • Mini Reviews: Monster Lover Part 2
  • ARC Review: All The Queen's Curses
  • WWW Wednesday
  • Down the TBR Hole
  • July Reading Challenge Check In

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Did they explain what you did 'wrong'? So many folks are having problems with bots policing sites these days. Glad you got it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the Blogger/Blogspot issues last week too, and losing access to 400+ posts would have been terrifying! I’m glad your blog was restored so quickly, and backing everything up definitely sounds like a priority now. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! That sucks about the blog! I had a blip with my blog this week too, as the hosting people had to roll it back a day or two because of a plug in causing an issue. So I only lost a couple posts, but I would have freaked in your position! I hope you are able to get things figured out and back to how you want them. And I hope this is a better week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad you got it back up, but how upsetting that must have been! I use blogger as well. I have no idea how to back up my posts, but perhaps I should look into it! I hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes think about taking the best of my posts from the last eighteen years and adding them to my Wordpress site. When I first started I didn't know if I wanted to use Wordpress or Blogger so I started a blog on both. I've never really done anything with Wordpress, but it is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I have never backed up my posts either! If it happened to me I would just have to let it all go. Glad you were able to get your blog back up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, I understand your pain. That exact thing happened to me back when my blog was young. I panicked, but like you, I was able to get it restored. That pushed me to moving to a self-hosted wordpress blog. I hired someone to migrate the blog for me. Now I have automatic backups and I even manually back up files once / week. I hope you find a solution that works for you.

    It's been quiet here. I'm enjoying slow days and lazy evenings, even with work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no I would have panicked so hard! I have a WP blog and do back up my blog every six months or so just in case. I’m pretty sure you can do the same with blogger.. Google says the option is in Settings>Manage Blog, or you can use Google Takeout.
    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Form for the Contact Page