Carl's Doomsday Scenario by Matt Dinniman (DCC Book 2) | 4 Stars
Check out my review of book 1 here
Carl's Doomsday Scenario picks up where book 1 left off with Carl, Donut and their pet Mongo starting the third floor. This floor is much different than the last 2 - introducing an open world concept with even more NPCs and quests. I really liked the addition of quests - they brought even more of the video game feel while also keeping things fresh. I enjoyed the developing dynamic between Carl, Donut and Mongo even more than I did in the first book - I feel like Carl and Donut have both shown growth and I like the way they have each other's backs while still being snarky with each other. I really don't enjoy the talk shows or the politics - they are honestly what keeps me from giving these books 5 stars - I would just rather stay in the dungeon and the action.
Synopsis:
The ratings and views are off the chart. The fans just can't get enough. The dungeon gets more dangerous each day. But in a grinder designed to chew up and spit out crawlers by the millions, Carl and Princess Donut need to work harder than ever just to survive.
They call it the Over City. A sprawling, once-thriving metropolis devastated by a mysterious calamity. But these streets are far from abandoned. An undead circus trawls the ruins. Murdered prostitutes rain from the sky. An ancient spell is finally ready to reveal its dark purpose.
Carl still has no pants.
They call it Dungeon Crawler World. For Carl and Donut, it's anything but a game.
Goodreads | Amazon
Comments
Post a Comment