I am back at it again with mini reviews for Monster romances! Drop your favorite monster romances in the comments for me to check out.
From Bones to Moan by E.M. Ashwood | 3.5 Stars
This novella follows a female scientist as she heads into the Washington forest with her boyfriend, hoping to find dinosaur tracks. Things quickly take a turn when an unseen creature begins tormenting her boyfriend by throwing rocks and sticks at him. None of the rocks come close to Lila and she finds herself intrigued instead of scared. I enjoyed this quite a bit! It's fast paced and it's got humor in the form of Lila's field notes. I liked the way her shitty boyfriend got put in his place by Bigfoot and I honestly loved the mating scene between Lila and bigfoot - it was hot as hell.
The Art of Avoiding Your Werewolf by Lola Glass | 3 Stars
A better title for this would be The Art of Avoiding Your Fated Mate Because You Are Stubborn. This novella follows Love as she goes home with a guy she meets at a bar, when things start heating up between them, she accidentally bites him. He's a werewolf and the pack alpha and he immediately takes her bite as a threat, and he hauls her off to jail. After things get cleared up between them and he realizes that she hasn't been sent to attack him, he admits that she is his fated mate. I didn't really love what followed. Love refuses to let their misunderstanding go despite him apologizing and taking actions to show that he is sorry and she refuses to accept help from him despite living in poor conditions and working 12 hour days 7 days a week. The girl is just stubborn and on one hand, if this was a random man, I would get not wanting him, but this was her fated mate and even her inner wolf knew he was her fated mate so it's not like it was a one-sided connection that she couldn't feel. Honestly, don't know why I am so annoyed when the title told me exactly what I would be getting, I guess I thought she would have legit reasons for avoiding her werewolf.

The cover on The Art of Avoiding your Werewolf is nice. That Beauty and the Beast with merpeople sounds unique! I read the Amazon Prime Reads Scared Sexy short stories and they were pretty good, I'm not sure if they're still available. I have also read a few in the Ice Planet Barbarian series and they were good.
ReplyDelete