Keep Reading

Sunday #49

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up.

The Sunday Salon (hosted by ReaderBuzz) is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 

What I Did:

Whew! Did not enjoy this week at all. Tuesday through Friday, the temps were in the 90s and I hated it. The A/C at my place just could not keep up and there is only so much that fans could do - I actually found myself glad to be at my day job because its air conditioned well. Really hoping this isn't a sign of how all summer is going to be. Monday, my windshield got replaced - this was the first time I have ever had to get one replaced and I had no clue that a company could come right out to my job and take care of it in the parking lot. So convenient! Wednesday, I took my weekly trip to the library and because of the heat, I stuck around for a bit and read - I normally just browse and then go home. Thursday, I had dinner with friends and coworkers and then played the video game Baldurs Gate 3 with a couple friends. Friday, I was off work due to the 4th of July so I spent the day laying in front of fans and reading. Saturday and Sunday, the temps were better so I actually got some cleaning done along.

What I Read:

I finished Carl's Doomsday Scenario by Matt Dinniman (4 Stars), The Mating Trials: The Alpha by Anastasia Daniels (3 Stars), The Woods All Black by Lee Mandelo (3 Stars) and Falling For Red by Serena Pier (3 Stars). I worked on reading Grey Dog by Elliot Gish and Defended by The Bodyguard by Caridad Pineiro. 

What I Checked Out From The Library:

  • None
Books Added To My Collection: 

  • None

Reading Goals/Challenges Update:

Reading Goal: 99 /185
Pages Goal: 26,697 / 50,000
Alphabet Challenge
Monster Bingo: 
Romance Reading Bingo: Non Christmas Holiday (Falling for Red is a 4th of July romance lol)

Last week on the blog:

  • Audiobook Reviews Part 2
  • June Reading Challenge Check In
  • Down The TBR Hole
  • Summer of Horror Rec List
  • 2nd Quarter Favorites

Comments

  1. The heat has been killer this week! Our air conditioning died Wednesday, so Wednesday night we opened the windows since it was 'only' 88 outside, and hotter than 90 degrees inside :O Luckily hubby's cousin was able to fix the air Thursday morning. I think this week is supposed to cool off substantially, as least in my neck of the woods... Hope you get some relief too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you were able to get the air fixed! It's cooling off where I am too.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get some cooler temps soon

    Thanks for sharing your week , happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm tired of this heat too! I was so happy for the crazy cool down on the 4th for us to sit outside and watch fireworks without sweating though. It is crazy that they can come replace windshields like that. So far I've had some chipped windows that they've just "fixed" although I can still see the chip kind of. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Yes. So hot! Glad you were able to find places to cool off. It looks like you had a good reading weeks with books that you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the heat lets up soon. It has been sweltering here too. My daughter plays Baldurs Gate. That's good they replaced the windshield so conveniently. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the weather cools down soon where you are. We are finally starting to cool down - only in the 90s today, and the rest of week should be in the 80s. Stay cool and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear things are cooling for you! They are starting to do the same for me.

      Delete
  7. Singing: Safelite repair, safelite replace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have been living under a rock when it comes to safelite lol

      Delete
  8. I love the windshield guys who come out to your car! Just as convenient as AAA who comes out and replaces your battery. I hope your heat eases up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our air-conditioning went out on the hottest day of the year (so far) and my husband and I took a ride in the car to take advantage of the air-conditioning in it. I totally understand why you'd stay at work and the library for extra time! Hope things cool off soon!

    My post: https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2026/06/classic-review-madame-bovary.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Car AC is broken so I didn't even get relief when driving places lol

      Delete
  10. I hope the weather gets better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Starting to get hot where I am as well. I hope your A/C holds up. Will be checking out your rec list for Summer of Horror. Always enjoy seeing favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Dungeon Crawler Carl! I love that series! Hope the weather cools down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This heat is ridiculous!! My kids said they are going to introduce me to Baldur's Gate. I have not gamed in a long long time and we're going to stream it. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in northern MI during that heat. Luckily my folks have AC and we spent our time on the lake, so the heat was actually kind of nice - it warmed up Lake Charlevoix and the dips in the water were refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know what the official temperature was in Marquette on the hottest day last week, but my car was showing 99 degrees and I passed by a bank that was showing 100 degrees. Luckily we stay in our RV while we travel so we had air conditioning. We heard so many locals complaining because they don't have it. I don't know how they made it through! We were not expecting those temps when we headed this far north for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that your RV had AC, it was definitely a brutal week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Form for the Contact Page