Keep Reading

Sunday #56

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up.

The Sunday Salon (hosted by ReaderBuzz) is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 

What I Did:

Monday and Tuesday were nice because I was on scheduled PTO from work - I had no plans but it's a use it or lose it situation and I refuse to lose it. Monday, I ran to my local library and made a couple stops to drop books off in Little Free Libraries. Tuesday, I read and got some cleaning done. Thursday, I got my grocery shopping done and then I played Baldurs Gate 3 with friends for a couple hours. Saturday, I went to a family cookout at my cousin's house, it was a lot, but it is always nice to see everyone. 

What I Read:

I finished Happy Place by Emily Henry (4 Stars - can't believe it took me so long to pick this one up) and If You'll Have Me by Eunnie (3 Stars). I've been working on reading Romantic Hero by Kristy Greenwood and Two Twisted Crowns by Rachel Gillig. 

What I Checked Out From The Library:

  • The Unknown by Riley Sager
Books Added To My Collection: 

  • My giveaway prize from LisaLovesLiterature  arrived:
    • The Someday Garden by Ashley Poston
    • Kill Your Darling by Mariana Costa
    • Delicious Monsters by Liselle Sambury

Reading Goals/Challenges Update:

Reading Goal: 124 /185
Pages Goal: 35,065 / 50,000
Alphabet Challenge: I
Monster Bingo: 
Romance Reading Bingo: 

Last week on the blog:

  • Review: Rescued by the Alien Bull Rider
  • Recs by the Alphabet: K
  • WWW Wednesday
  • Down The TBR Hole
  • First Line Friday / Friday 56

Comments

  1. I've been re-reading old mystery novels by Daphne du Maurier and Mary Stewart. Enjoying them the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romantic Hero arrived for me this week, but I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet---maybe next week. When I retired, I had 120 days of sick leave/personal days that I never got to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Emily Henry book sounds good. I've been wanting to try her books. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy Emily Henry's books! Glad you enjoyed Happy Place too!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome to have some PTO and can be chill. Get stuff done, but also relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week! I enjoyed Romantic Hero, so hope you are as well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book Lover is my favourite of Emily Henry’s but they are all good. I really enjoyed Romantic Hero too so I hope you do!

    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a good week and it's nice you were able to use your PTO. I loved Two Twisted Crowns and I hope you're enjoying it. I also enjoy playing BG3!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Form for the Contact Page