I love this series so much! This book features Jolene, a pregnant human who leaves her planet after hearing about a planet of buff aliens looking for wives (can you blame her?) and Zohro, one of the aliens living on the penal colony that Jolene lands on. We met Zohro briefly in the previous books - In book 1, he's a grump that refuses to take part in the bride program. In book 4, he saves the life of the warden, introducing us to his surgical skills. He was absolutely excellent in this book; he's still a grump though I would stay that intense is a better word to describe him. We got to see how much he cares and how much effort he puts in for those that he cares about - he goes out of his way to get reading materials about human pregnancies and he studies everything to make sure that he ready for when Jolene gives birth. I loved his instant attraction to Jolene and how he knew that even if things didn't work between them, there wouldn't be another bride for him. I loved Jolene from the start, she's been dealt a rough card in life, but she's so determined to be a good mom once her daughter is born. I loved the support Jolene got from the other brides - getting glimpses of them happy in their marriages from the perspective of an outsider was such a treat.
Review: Rescued by the Alien Bull Rider by Ursa Dax
Rescued by the Alien Bull Ride by Ursa Dax | 4 Stars
Cowboy Colony Mail-Order Brides #6
When I lose my home and my horse all in the same afternoon, I’m forced to take painful stock of my situation. I’m twenty-three years old. Single. And pregnant. I’ve always been the glass-half-full sort of gal, but things are looking truly dire as I stare down my rapidly approaching due date.
Then I lose my home and my horse all in the same afternoon, I’m forced to take painful stock of my situation. I’m twenty-three years old. Single. And pregnant. I’ve always been the glass-half-full sort of gal, but things are looking truly dire as I stare down my rapidly approaching due date.
That’s when I hear about Zabria Prinar One. A ranching outpost planet where a bunch of lonely alien cowboys are waiting for brides. I grew up on a ranch – surely I have enough to offer that one of them will want me. Even if my own family doesn’t.
So I book a shuttle and go.
But my pilot abandons me in a random field, leaving me to face down the intimidating elements alone.
Including one very angry alien bull about to charge.
Just before I get gored, a powerful rider with white eyes comes thundering out of the darkness to save me.
His name is Zohro. He’s beautiful and pink – the colour of all my favourite things.
He is also possibly the grumpiest and most impatient male I have ever met.
But I don’t care. There’s a protective streak in him that makes me feel so safe, no matter how fierce his frowns are. Within moments of meeting him, I know that he’s the one I want to marry.
I just have to tell him that I’m pregnant with another man’s child first…
Comments
Post a Comment