Keep Reading

Summer of Horror Wrap Up

 

June through August, I participated in booksbonesbuffy's Summer of Horror. Horror is my least read genre so I jumped at the opportunity to focus on it for once. My goal had been to read 9 horror books in total - 3 each month but since I only finished 7, I fell short. I did have a lot of fun stepping outside of my comfort zone and I can't wait to participate next year too. 

  • The Caretaker by Marcus Kliewer | 4 Stars | my favorite of the bunch, had me on the edge of my seat
  • Listen To Your Sister by Neena Viel | 3 Stars
  • Coffin Moon by Keith Rosson | 3 Stars
  • Compound Fracture by Andrew Joseph White | 3 Stars
  • The Woods All Black by Lee Mandelo | 3 Stars
  • Dead First by Johnny Compton | 2 Stars | I can't even place what it is about this one that didn't work for me, might have been a problem with my mood at the time. 
  • Grey Dog by Elliott Gish | DNF | The journal entry writing style is just not for me.
  • The Unknown by Riley Sager | 3.5 Stars
My Summer of Horror Posts:

Comments

Form for the Contact Page