The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up.
The Sunday Salon (hosted by ReaderBuzz) is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great opportunity to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there.
What I Did:
Another hot week. The real feel was over 100 degrees at various points on Tuesday and Wednesday though it didn't feel as badly as it did a couple weeks ago - maybe I got used to the heat. In addition to the heat, we had very poor air quality due to wildfires in Canada which was not fun at all. Tuesday, I took my weekly trip to the library, I even hung out for a bit to bask in the air conditioning and then I played Baldurs Gate 3 with my usual two friends. Wednesday, I worked on my sisterhood of the traveling journal so it's ready to go out for the end of the month. Thursday, I worked a short day at work so after I got out, I ran some errands and got some cleaning done.
What I Read:
I finished Defended by the Bodyguard by Caridad Pinero (2 Stars), West of Forever by Corinne Michaels (3.5 Stars) and The Lookout's Ghost by A.Knightly (4 Stars). I worked on reading Compound Fracture by Andrew Joseph White and The Alien Jungle Warlord's Bride by A.V. Wilcott and Caller Unknown by Gillian McAllister.
What I Checked Out From The Library:
- Highland Conquest by Heather McCollum
- Across The Vanishing Sky by Catherine Cowles
- I also accidentally checked out the wrong Dungeon Crawler Carl book - I somehow put the most recent on hold instead of book 3.
- None
Reading Goals/Challenges Update:
Last week on the blog:
- Review: Dead Draw by Layla Reyne
- Top Ten Tuesday: New To Me Authors
- WWW Wednesday
- Down The TBR Hole
- First Line Friday / Friday 56: The Lookout's Ghost
This week on the blog - subject to change:
- Review: Jonah and The Narwhal
- Top Ten Tuesday: Live in my head rent free
- Down the TBR Hole
- Coastal Magic Featured Author: Layla Reyne Q & A
- First Line Friday/ Friday 56
I hope you enjoy Across the Vanishing Sky, I really liked that one. We've had the heat here too, but it is supposed to be really bad tomorrow, feels like temp 107!!! Ugh! I may need to get out of the house so my dogs don't have me going in and outside constantly. So either library to read or movie theater! Hope you have a good week!
ReplyDeletehttps://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2026/07/19/weekly-wrap-up-july-19th-2026/
I am over the smoke from the wildfires as well. I hope we all get a break. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteIt was hot and smoky here as well. It hasn't really bothered my asthma but it really makes wearing my contacts difficult!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for the wildfires and poor air quality everyone is experiencing. Just terrible. I hope it eases up soon. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteAlso checking in from smoke country!
ReplyDeleteAndrew Joseph White's writing is so intense. I just cannot read all of the body horror, but I also can't look away? He's got skill for sure, and he's so different from all the other YA being put out.
Ughh those temps, stay cool!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your week, happy reading!