Keep Reading

ARC Review: The Alien Jungle Warlord's Bride by A.V. Wilcott

The Alien Jungle Warlord's Bride by A.V. Wilcott | 3 Stars

Thank you to A.V. Wilcott for the ARC of this novel. This book follows Elena and 19 other women as they escape their planet and crash land on another planet. The women are quickly taken in by a group of rulers who use a magical stone to assign the woman to the rulers as brides, separating them all. I love alien romances, but this one just did not hit the way I wanted to. The world building took quite some time to click for me, so I was confused for a while. Elena was also very stubborn for a while - one of my favorite things about alien romances is how the aliens are always way better than human men but Elena was refusing to accept her bond and attraction to Rythar due to not wanting to betray human men which I thought was silly, I would betray human men in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Rythar was amazing, the best part of the book. He provides Elena with what she needs and never pushes her; he even separates himself when his emotions are too high and he respects the times that she rejects him. I liked the way she slowly warmed up to the him and I liked the bond between them. I would have enjoyed this book more if it had less politics and had more of a focus on Elena and Rythar. 

Synopsis:
He found me in the wreckage. Healed my wounds. Claimed me as his bride.
Now the most dangerous alien warlord on Xytheos says I'm his. And his jungle agrees.
I'm Elena Parks. Trauma nurse. Engineer. I flew twenty survivors off a dying planet and kept us alive through a crash-landing on an alien world. I've survived worse than an alien claiming ceremony.
But I wasn't prepared for Rythar.
Seven feet of genetically engineered alpha male. Warlord of the Green Reach, where every vine, every predator, every living thing obeys his command. He watched me all night before the Claiming. Counted the distance between us. Wanted me before the Concord Stone ever matched us for life.
Now the fated mate bond burns through my skin when he touches me. His jungle wraps around me like it's trying to keep me. And when an enemy warlord drags me from his fortress, Rythar tears through an army to get me back.
I should be focused on finding my friends. Twenty women, scattered across alien biomes, each claimed by a different ruler. Something is wrong on this planet, and the warlord keeping me in his territory knows more than he's telling.
But the more I fight him, the closer his jungle pulls me in. And the longer I stay, the harder it is to remember why I ever wanted to run.

Goodreads | Amazon

Comments

Form for the Contact Page